Do you always find yourself back at square one?
Do you find yourself in situations that seem to be repeating themselves? Do you have a feeling that “I’ve been here before” (insert situation with food, relationship or work)?
“Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know” - Pema Chödrön
Meditation helps us open up to a different state of mind, to the operating system of our brains, the unconscious. In this state, we can become aware of our inner world and our patterns. When you get into the software system of your brain, through meditation, you can start applying new code and rewriting whatever is not serving you any longer.
Even if you only have 5 minutes a day.
Even if you only have time to do it on the bus to work (like me!) just sit yourself down. Close your eyes and check in with yourself.
Here are ten reasons why I think you should meditate:
1. Because peace. And I mean deep blissful inner peace. It’s like taking a glorious mini vacation and feeling renewed and healed.
2. Because less jerk. Yup. Meditation helps you stop yourself from reacting to everyone (and everything) and instead start responding. Good stuff.
3. Because connection. Suddenly you find yourself connected to your inner self. That part that you didn’t know was there but when you find it you realize you will never be alone again. Life changing little thing.
4. Because inner badass. When you see that you actually do have the power to shift your attention, you feel invincible. Everything is possible. Your mind expands. Your world expands.
5. Because partner. If you have a loved one then meditation will be the glue that holds you two together. Seriously. No joke here. Why? Because you will not need to cling to each other for validation. You will have learned that you can give yourself everything you need. Being with somebody else will be more or less effortless. Relationships become easier and filled with love with no strings attached.
6. Because work. Because deadlines and annoying colleagues. You will be that irritating person that get things done effortlessly. And never ever freaks out. Nothing will rattle you. Hardcore baby. Hardcore.
7. Because kids. Those little fragile and shining souls deserve so much reverence. My heart breaks a little thinking about all the times I’ve yelled at my kids. Reacting and not responding. Being a big black reacting force of nature. Ugh. Meditation helps you pull back, take a step inside, take a deep breath and act accordingly. THIS. For the kids. Reason enough. Just get to it.
8. Because worry. Because the monkey mind. The inside monolog that never ceases to project a never ending story of our lives. Meditation trains your brain to be able to simply observe it, to detach from it. You will be able to see that it’s only thought. Only thinking. Nothing you need to act on. Or pay attention too. This too shall pass. Amen.
9. Because happiness. Because the present moment brings so much joy. Who knew right? That by being in the here and now floods our bodies and minds with gratitude and love. Way cool.
10. Because living with intention. Meditation helps you get in touch with your values and how you want to live your life. By the daily practice of paying attention to your inner world you start to notice your needs and wants. Those deep wishes and dreams. And when you start following those dreams and taking action on them? Magic happens.
If you haven't tried the short meditation inside my free 5 Day Mini Course then now is the time to do so!